Network inventory (NI) is for documenting the physical network.
- Add Site
- Add Room
- Place Room in Site
- Add Rack
- Place Rack in Room
- Add switch (should have been imported from NMS, if not, contact Sunet NOC)
- Place switch in rack
- Add ODF (add the correct amount of ports)
- Place ODF in rack
- Edit ODF and add ports (1+2 format preferred)
- Add cable - choose type Dark Fiber
- Edit created cable and go to connections, add both side ODFs with the correct ports
- Edit switch → Ports → add port (for example Et49)
- Connect the port to the correct ODF port
Keep doing this until the entire network is done.